This news release contains forward-looking statements. For a description of the related risk factors and assumptions, please see the section entitled “Caution Regarding Forward-Looking Statements” later in this news release. The information contained in this news release is unaudited.
- Leading advanced mobile and fibre networks delivered record 401,132 total broadband net customer activations — 224,343 mobile phone, 49,044 mobile connected devices; 89,652 retail Internet and 38,093 IPTV — up 50.3% y/y
- 3.2% consolidated revenue growth delivered 1.2% higher adjusted EBITDA1 as $38 million in storm and inflationary cost pressures2 absorbed in the quarter
- Net earnings of $771 million, down 5.2%, with net earnings attributable to common shareholders of $715 million, or $0.78 per common share, down 6.0%; adjusted net earnings1 of $801 million generated adjusted EPS1 of $0.88, up 7.3%
- Excellent wireless operating results: strong revenue and adjusted EBITDA growth of 7.4% and 7.8%, respectively; best-ever mobile phone net subscriber activations of 224,343, up 64.4%; lowest Q3 postpaid churn3 rate of 0.90%; and 2.2% higher mobile phone blended ARPU4
- Highest retail Internet net activations in 17 years, up 36.3% to 89,652, drove 8% residential Internet revenue growth; on track to complete 80% of broadband Internet buildout plan by end of 2022
- Bell Media digital revenue5 up 40% contributing to stable total media revenue as advertiser spending slows due to macroeconomic conditions
- Reconfirming all 2022 financial guidance targets