The public support for the My Crowns continues to win the hearts and minds of the people of Saskatchewan.
In a recent online poll by the Regina Leader-Post, more than 80% of respondents said they support striking Crown workers (more than 3,700 people voted).
This result comes on the heels of a more scientific poll conducted for Unifor by AngusReid that showed 89% of respondents in Saskatchewan believe workers should get wage increases of at least inflation.
These figures should be no surprise: Crown workers are extremely valuable to the Saskatchewan economy and make important contributions in every community across the province. The crowns generated over 400 million dollars to the Government of Saskatchewan.
This has been our message from day one. Crown workers deserve better than zeros and good crown jobs should remain in the province not be shipped elsewhere. We have taken this message to the people of Saskatchewan, and it is paying off.
We made every attempt at the bargaining table with a callous government, so now Unifor is all in on a strike to demonstrate our commitment to fairness.
Here’s what “all in” has looked like so far, with much more to come:
- Opinion polling and graphics for sharing online
- 22 Videos since October 3, 2019 with more than 1.2 million views
- Newspaper advertisements
- Bus ads
- Radio ads
- Twitter ads
- Facebook ads
- Television ads
- Media conferences
- Social media shareables
- Visits from the National President
- Two rallies, including a massive show of force at Queensbury
- Unprecedented shut-downs of SaskTel, SaskPower, SaskEnergy and DirectWest locations
- Daily media coverage (more than 500 media hits in past three months)
- Solidarity meetings with other unions
- Editorials in the newspaper
- Campaign-branded t-shirts, hats, buttons, and more
- On social media, we have more than 3 million impressions
It is clear that we are winning the battle for the hearts and minds of our communities. We cannot and will not rest on our accomplishments. Unifor will continue to organize mass actions until an agreement is reached.
There is no predicting when this dispute will be over, but the pressure we’re putting on the Moe Government is increasing and the polling above shows that our message is sinking in.
For more information, visit www.myCrowns.ca